Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Broker or Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home or other property, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your property at the right price with your own personal real estate broker.
Your Real Estate Broker Works for You
A real estate broker, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home or property quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, your real estate broker will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. Your real estate broker will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate broker will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate broker, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate broker is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Broker
When buying a home or other property, you want a real estate broker who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home or property you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate broker offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise, ethics and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate broker is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.