The Home or Other Property Shopping Process
As your real estate broker, my most important job is to make the property shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes or properties that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighborhood providing you the information you seek so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. – whatever is most important to you for your particular home or property needs and desires.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants based on the discussions we’ve had throughout the search.
As your real estate broker, I’m committed to help you purchase the right property and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes and properties to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgoe)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home or property?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood and drive around the general area. Are the homes and properties well-kept which is an indication of pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home or property is situated?
- Does the neighborhood and general area have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find what you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home or property you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.